Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Song Fail & Still Gay (countering yesterdays April Fools claim :) )

So...


Hello :)

I've been putting a lot of time into a new song. It's catchy, and the lyrics are very personal. It's upbeat, dynamic, and it's a feel good song. Though I cannot, for the life of me, make it sound good. It's been a bit discouraging. I think this song sounds terrible because I'm still very inexperienced as a producer and I just don't have what it takes to produce a big sounding, upbeat song...yet. I guess for the time being I'll stick to a softer sound. This song will be put on the back burner for now.

I made an animated gif! My first one :)
My April Fools joke picture [Jimmy Hales]

I've already been thinking up another song. It's a softer sound, but happy. This song is going to be a giant metaphor.

Here you see my April Fools joke. I posted it around social media and people just chuckled. I had a friend say, "Hahaha of all the April Foolses I've seen today this was the least believable".

That makes sense. I really wasn't going for foolery.

Basically other than my song falling on it's face, nothing terribly exciting has happened as of late. I'm working on three big projects right now, so I'm plenty busy, but I often struggle with knowing which one of the projects I should work on. It's a work in progress.

I really need to start forcing myself to wake up early and just do some work. I don't have class everyday, but even on days I do have class I still don't need to get up early. I'm way more productive in the mornings than I am at night. Imagine that! I do love a good morning run though :) Speaking of which, I'll be running the Hollywood Half-Marathon this weekend with my sister Jolie. I'm stoked!

I've recently discovered the joy of panoramic selfies.
A panoramic selfie of me (Jimmy Hales) in my English class at BYU.
That's pretty much it. I hope I to get a song up soon on my YouTube channel. I think I'll go work on one now.

2 comments:

  1. And you have another half marathon in 2-1/2 weeks! Ben is worried you'll beat him. Ha! He hasn't been running mostly because I haven't. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete